|MOTHER LODE JEWISH COMMUNITY
YOUR JEWISH CONNECTION IN THE GOLD COUNTRY
Encompassing Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa and Tuolumne Counties
Board Meeting Minutes
|Home of Holly & Rodger Orman
January 21, 2015
Updated Apr. 25, 2015
Mother Lode Jewish Community Board Meeting Minutes 1-21-2015
Held At Orman’s Home, Murphys, CA
Present: Joanne Elliot, Andy Kositsky, Rick Singer, David Simons, Tami Schaner, Ron Schaner, Rodger Orman, Holly
Orman and Donna Diamond.
Unable to attend: Teri Broleman, Kris Klerk, JoLynn Miller, Dale Silverman
I. Meeting called to Order by David Simons at 6:30 pm
II. Minutes of 10/15/14: M/S/A with one correction: Donna Diamond present @ last mtg.
III. Treasurers Report (see attached) presented by Holly Orman. M/S/A
a. Motion to spend $50-$100 for a Bat Mitzvah gift for Lena Hirsh’s bat Mitzvah scheduled for June 13, 2015
if Andy cannot find suitable gift in the bequest from the Shapiro’s M/S/A.
IV. New Board Business
David Simons lead a discussion about Judy Miller’s emails.
Action agreed upon: Rodger and David are going to visit with Judy about professional help for the web site and for
Judy Miller to apologize to Dale for the offensive email.
Ø Past Events Evaluations:
· Dawn’s house Shabbat went well, well attended.
· Hanukkah went well. Multi generational. Enjoyed by all.
· Havdalah at Theda’s went well; well attended. Singing led by R’Andra’s daughter (a cantorial student) plus
dancing and piano playing by Theda Wagoner’s daughter’s husband, Gunther. Grandkids running around and it was
a great event thanks to the Rabbi’s warmth.
Ø Future MLJC Events:
· Tu Bish Vat at Rhoda and John’s on Feb 8 at noon.
· March 5 Purim Prep/Hamentashen making, 2 to 5 at Ormans’.
· March 7 Purim Party 6 to 10 at Ormans’ with an Island Luau theme.
· Cemetery Cleanup and Lag B’Omer May 3
· Campout at Big Trees: A new date needs to be selected. Tami to follow-up.
· Sunday, August 16 (tentative date): Potluck at the Singer’s home on Lake Tulloch
Ø Possible additional event: Brush and Cork: Painting Class by Judy Grossman, $25* per person for art
supplies. Holly will explore details and assess member interest.
Ø Other Regional Jewish Community Events of possible interest to our members:
· Mega Challah Bake event sponsored by Temple Israel on Feb 19 at 6:30 pm at University Plaza Waterfront
Hotel, 110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA. Cost is $18, advance registration required. Secretary to send notice
· June 13 Lena Hirsh’s Bat Mitzvah. MLJC members apparently will be invited, will discuss with Beth DeLima as to
how this will be done.
VI. Membership Report as submitted by Dale Silverman was reviewed. M/S/A
VII. Next Meeting: April 22, 2015 6:15 PM Dinner and 6:30 PM Meeting.
VIII. Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Minutes by Rodger Orman
* Post meeting closure, Holly advised board via email that cost is $35 ea.